Combines vitamin A to clear your pores and clarify your skin. BiRetix Duo also helps fight the bacteria that can lead to spots, while salicylic acid helps purify your skin. Additionally, reduces skin redness.
Causes of spot-prone skin
Our skin is covered in hair follicles. In a healthy hair follicle the sebaceous gland produces a small amount of sebum, which moves up to the surface of the skin where it acts as a waterproofing agent. The opening of the follicle is wide making it easy for the sebum to exit the follicle (figure 1).
Spots are caused when the opening to the hair follicle is blocked, closing off oxygen and allowing the sebum to stagnate. This is the early stage of a spot known as a comedone (figure 2).
This environment allows rapid growth of P. acnes, the bacteria that leads to acne. At this point the hair follicle becomes inflamed and red (a spot) and forms a pustule (figure 3).
There are several factors than can contribute to cause of spots:
- Hair follicles can become blocked by excessive sebum on the skin and an accumulation of dead skin cells
- Some cosmetic products can block hair follicles
- Hormones can cause an increased production of sebum and an accumulation of dead skin cells at the follicle opening
In order to effectively fight spots each stage of the spot development process needs to be tackled.
How it works
The key product in the range is BiRetix Duo gel, a powerhouse of advanced technologies that tackle spots at every stage of their development:
- A unique combination of vitamin A ingredients help to clear pores and clarify the skin, helping to reduce the appearance of comedones that can lead to spots.
- A sophisticated botanical complex that’s clinically proven to fight P.acnes; the bacteria that leads to spots.
- Salicylic acid; clinically proven to purify skin and help to reduce redness.
The range also includes the treatment enhancing BiRetix Micropeel, Mask and Cleanser to create an effective, rounded regime:
- BiRetix Micropeel: A clarifying and exfoliating cleanser containing a combination of willow bark extract and physical botanical exfoliants to help clear pores and stimulate cell renewal leaving the skin feeling soft, soothed and refreshed.
- BiRetix Mask: A soothing clay mask rich in minerals, anti-oxidants and containing RetinSphere Technology to further clarify skin, control sebum and reduce shine.
- BiRetix Cleanser: A gentle daily cleansing gel with natural moisturisers and anti-redness ingredients that leaves your skin feeling clean and fresh.